Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just Laugh

One of the things they try to teach us in DBT is distress tolerance; the ability to handle conflicts and such without going off the deep end. It's something I'm not so good at. So me and the other delicate flowers have to learn different "skills" to help us deal with problems in a healthy way. So one of the skills is called distraction. It's basic purpose is to prevent us from "maladaptive ways of coping". Anyways, long story short... I needed some distraction from the bad day I had today, so I looked for things online to make me laugh. These are some funny quotes I found:

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
" George Burns
(I really really love and miss my family but, I had to share it cuz it's kinda true...:)

These next one's are Mitch Hedburg quotes. He's so hilarious!:


"I like the Kit-Kat, unless I'm with four or more people."

"I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too."


"I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a
cake."


"This shirt is dry clean only. Which means... it's dirty."


"Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus, or just a really cool Opotamus?"


"Every book is a children's book if the kid can read!"


I feel better now.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Great!
I feel better too.
:_

Anonymous said...

i'm glad that you've found an outpost that works for you. i've been at mclean (east house) twice now and it helped me get back on track but i understand where you're coming from with the dbt skills. they just shove them down your throat, day after day after day!

funny distraction: that's a good one! i always do "engulfing distraction," like watching lost or reading a magazine. but this is a great idea.

Blog Archive