Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Life For Now

So this is a run down on what I am doing here. I have groups in the morning and therapists in the afternoon/evening. I do nothing on the weekends...at least for now.

Groups

DBT- We learn healthy ways to deal with stress and bad feelings.
Mentilization- We go around dissecting situations that happen to people in the group.
Self Assessment-Where am I in treatment? What do I need to improve? What do I do next?
Interpersonal- Usually ends up with two people fighting. I love it.
Family Issues- Self explanatory

Therapists
Fran- (Or Dr. Arnold, I call her Fran.) I see her 4 times a week. I'm closest to her than anyone here. She leads my treatment team. She must be a really good therapist because her office is huge(I've noticed that the size of the office is proportionate to the amount of experience), and it's right in the middle of Harvard Square. It costs 10 cents a second to talk to her (I did the math). I like her a lot. She's the cutest dresser. She looks just like Diane Keaton.
Kelly- I see her 2-3 times a week. She looks like Gina Laschiavio. Her dad is Dr. Gunderson, he's like world famous. He is in charge of the program I'm in. Kelly helps me with the BDD by having me do things like go out with no makeup on. (I'm not there yet). She is also my DBT coach....She coaches me DBT for the BPD and CBT for BDD.
Stephanie- I see once a week. She helps me with anything and everything I need to do. She's helped me file insurance claims, find a place to live, manages my groups, she does it all. She's like 8 1/2 months pregnant and I don't know what I'm gonna do when she's on leave.
Dr. Boyajian- (Pronounced Boy Ah Gin) I see him once a week. He's my psychiatrist, but he also specializes in addiction. Thanks to him, I don't have to go to anymore drug/alcohol groups. He says that it's obvious to him (and he should know), that I'm not using drugs and I'm not an alcoholic. I've been saying that from day one, but nobody believed me until I started seeing him. I guess they automatically assume that anyone diagnosed with BPD that also happens to be Catholic must have a dependency problem. He looks just like my cousin Steve.
Julieta- (Pronounced holy etta, or Dr. Holman) I see once a week. She is the family therapist. She's really pretty. Her name sounds like she's Mexican or something, but she's white.

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Blog Archive